10 frozen dog treats and ice-cream recipes to make for your pooch
Keep your pup cool in style with these fabulously funky DIY frozen dog treats and ice-cream recipes
When the temperature's rising, frozen dog treats are brilliant way to help your pupper keep his cool and let him know he's been the best boy. They're even better than a good homemade dog treat at times like this when the mercury's going through the roof.
Our ice-cold collection of frozen dog treats and ice cream features recipes made from just two or three ingredients and they're super-easy to make. The most you're likely to need is a blender, a mixing bowl, some molds or just an ice cube tray, and of course a freezer to get things nice and frosty.
Not only have we put together some of our favorite recipes, tried and tested by real pet owners and their discerning dogs, we've also gathered some recommendations for great-looking molds that you can buy at the best prices in order to create thoroughly Instagrammable treats.
Do bear in mind that while all these recipes are generally dog-safe, every dog has its own individual dietary requirements and maybe even food allergies, so be sure to check the ingredients for anything that might give your pooch an upset tummy or worse, and check with your vet if there's anything you're not entirely sure about.
While many of these frozen dog treats come in big-batch recipes, you don't have to dole them all out at once; they can be kept in the freezer to be given to your dog as an occasional treat.
Need more doggy treat inspiration? See our recipe guides for dog smoothies and dog cakes. Bon appétit!
1. Strawberry and yogurt frozen dog treats
@_tobythegoldendoodle_ (opens in new tab)
Because they deserve everything! 🍓 ##frozendogtreats ##dogtreats ##dogrecipes ##strawberries ##chobaniyogurt ##yumminess ##forthedoggos♬ New Soul - Fresh Forte (opens in new tab)
Makes 10 treats
• 10 strawberries (stalks removed)
• Plain Greek yogurt
• Using a fork, mash the strawberries on a plate
• Place small amounts into your silicone mold ensuring you have a flat surface beneath
• Cover the mashed strawberries with a layer of yogurt
• Freeze and serve
Recipe via tobythegoldendoodle / TikTok (opens in new tab)
DaKuan Food Grade Silicone Paw Print Mold $9.25
Made from food grade silicone, this colorful duo is flexible and non-stick so you can easily pop out your treats once they're ready. The adorable pawprint shapes are perfect for feeding your pup in style.
2. Blueberry and yogurt frozen dog treats
Makes 12 treats
• A small bowl of chopped blueberries and strawberries
• 3 tbsp plain yogurt
• Add berries to your blender
• Spoon the plain yogurt into the blender
• Add a little water to help the mixture blend better. Blitz!
• Spoon the mixture into your molds and freeze overnight
3. Strawberry banana frozen dog treats
@airbudkobe (opens in new tab)
This is our first recipe using @honestkitchen goat’s milk and Kobe loved it! It’s full of probiotics and great for your pup! ##dogtreat##recipe##homemade♬ The Office - The Hyphenate (opens in new tab)
Makes 15 treats
• 1 cup strawberries
• 1 banana
• 1 cup of Honest Kitchen Goat's Milk
• Mix all ingredients together in a blender
• Pour mixture into the molds and freeze
Recipe via AirBudKobe / TikTok (opens in new tab)
4. Apple and peanut butter frozen treats
@threepupperteers (opens in new tab) ♬ Better Together - Jack Johnson (opens in new tab)
• 2/3 cup of apple sauce
• 1/3 cup of Greek or non-dairy yogurt
• 1/4 cup of peanut butter
• Cover a bowl with a ziplock bag
• Mix all the ingredients together
• Pour into an ice cube tray or baking mold
• Freeze for three hours and serve
Recipe via threepupperteers / TikTok (opens in new tab)
Shxmlf Food Grade Silicone Puppy Treat Molds $12.99
If you just can't decide which mold you like best, then why not simply pick up a variety pack? This mold pack features both pawprint and bone designs so you can chop and change whenever you feel like switching your treats up.
5. Pineapple mango sorbet
@opalthefluff (opens in new tab)
3 ingredient dog ice cream/dairy free sorbet ✨ ##homecafe ##homeDIY ##foodontiktok ##samoyed ##dogsoftiktok ##puppytiktok♬ Cancun Sega Genesis - Amzorcen (opens in new tab)
Makes 1 serving
• 1/2 cup of pineapple
• 1/2 cup of mango
• 1/2 cup water
• Blitz all ingredients together in a blender
• Freeze and serve
Recipe via opalthefluff / TikTok (opens in new tab)
6. Carrot brothsicle frozen dog treats
@odinthenewf (opens in new tab)
Easy DIY no bake carrot dog treats🥕 ##diydogtreats ##frozendogtreat ##carrots ##diytiktok ##healthyrecipes ##dogdiy♬ Steven Universe - L.Dre (opens in new tab)
• 1/2 cup bone broth
• 1 cup of diced carrots
• Put all ingredients into a blender and blitz
• Spoon into the molds and freeze overnight
Recipe via odinthenewf / TikTok (opens in new tab)
Le Dogue Dog Paws and Bones Silicone Baking Molds
Pretty in pink, the Le Dogue Dog Paws and Bones Silicone Baking Molds come with both bones and pawprint designs. The molds are made from 100% FDA-approved, BPA-free silicone and includes a recipe booklet so you'll be ready to whip up a treat in a flash.
7. Banana and yogurt dog ice-cream
@amospearce (opens in new tab)
🍦 2 INGREDIENT DOG ICE CREAM 🍦 ##IceCream ##dogsoftiktok ##dogfood ##icecream ##bananaicecream ##frozenyogurt♬ Ice Cream - BLACKPINK & Selena Gomez (opens in new tab)
Makes 1 serving
• 1 ripe banana (chopped into 4 pieces)
• A tub of plain Greek yoghurt
• Chop a banana into 4 pieces and place into a measuring jug
• Spoon a small amount of yogurt across the bananas
• Mash the mixture together
• Pour the mixture into an ice-cream bowl
• Freeze for 1 hour and serve
Recipe via Amos Pearce / TikTok (opens in new tab)
Cozihom Silicone Ice Pop Molds $8.99
If you're bored of serving your pup a simple ice lolly, then Cozihom Silicone Ice Pop Molds might just be for you. These popsicle molds come in the shape of a sakura, as well as pawprints.
8. Banana and peanut butter dog ice-cream
@full.luna (opens in new tab)
She loved this recipe ##dogicecream ##dogrecipes ##dogsoftiktok ##viral ##foryoupage♬ Levitating (feat. DaBaby) - Dua Lipa (opens in new tab)
Makes 3 dog ice-cream lollies
• 2 frozen bananas
• 1 tsp dog-friendly peanut butter
• 1/4 cup unsweetened rice milk or water
• Your dog's favorite treat
• Place all ingredients into a blender and blitz.
• Spoon the mixture into large lolly molds and add sticks to the bottom
• Place your dog's favorite treat in the center to decorate
• Freeze for a minimum of 6 hours and serve.
Recipe via full.luna / TikTok
Ozera Popsicle Molds Maker, Reusable Ice Pop Molds Trays $7.99
Ideal for humans as well as their canine counterparts, Ozera Popsicle Molds Maker features six simple molds with a bold blue design. Put the fruit and treats in the molds, then use a rawhide stick as the popsicle stick.
9. Banana and cream cheese pupsicle
@elo.dante (opens in new tab)
How to make doggy ice cream! 🍦❤️ ##elosoftiktok ##pawsomebunch ##dante ##cutie ##doggyicecream ##icecream♬ Ice Cream - BLACKPINK & Selena Gomez (opens in new tab)
Makes 1 dog ice-cream
• 3 tbsp cream cheese
• 1/2 banana
• Put the cream cheese and add water to a small mixing bowl. Stir it all together
• In another mixing bowl, mash the banana, add water and mix together
• Pour the banana into the cream cheese and mix together
• Pour into a lolly mold and freeze
Recipe via elo.dante / TikTok (opens in new tab)
10. Chicken dog ice-cream
@goldendoodlebenny (opens in new tab)
This dog ice cream is unexpectedly yummy! Inspired by @opalthefluff , I started DIY dog treats too! ##diydogtreats ##dogtreats ##foodontiktok ##tiktokdiy♬ Aesthetic - Xilo (opens in new tab)
Makes 6 treats
• 1/2 cup dog-friendly peanut butter
• 1 cup plain yogurt
• 2 tbsp chicken broth
• Mix all ingredients together in a large mixing bowl
• Spoon the mixture into your mold
• Freeze for two hours. Serve!
Recipe via goldendoodlebenny / TikTok (opens in new tab)
Get the best advice, tips and top tech for your beloved Pets
Ashleigh is Digital Editor on PetsRadar. With over 8 years of experience in print and digital media, she has acted as an editorial lead on a variety of projects, with animal themes a keen interest. As an avid animal lover, you can often find Ashleigh checking out the newest trends in animal care or looking at cute cat videos on TikTok.