There's nothing quite like a homemade dog treat to reward your pup; frozen dog treats are the coolest way to let your canine know they've been a good boy.
These frozen dog treats and ice-cream recipes are made using only two or three ingredients. To make them at home for your pup, you'll generally need the aid of a blender, a mixing bowl and some fabulously funky molds.
If you've been admiring this foodie trend but don't know where to start, we'll be sharing a few of our favorite recipes, as well as offering some recommendations for molds you can buy at the best price.
Each one of the recipes has been tried and tested by real pet parents, but keep in mind every pooch has their own individual dietary requirements. Some canines also have food allergies.
Some of the frozen dog treats come as big-batch recipes, but there's no need to feed all at once. These snacks can be kept in the freezer and given to your pooch as an occasional treat as some have hidden sugars you may not be aware of.
Frozen dog treat recipes
Strawberry and yogurt frozen dog treats
Because they deserve everything! 🍓 ##frozendogtreats ##dogtreats ##dogrecipes ##strawberries ##chobaniyogurt ##yumminess ##forthedoggos♬ New Soul - Fresh Forte
Makes 10 treats
• 10 strawberries (stalks removed)
• Plain Greek yogurt
• Using a fork, mash the strawberries on a plate
• Place small amounts into your silicone mold ensuring you have a flat surface beneath
• Cover the mashed strawberries with a layer of yogurt
• Freeze and serve
Recipe via tobythegoldendoodle / TikTok
DaKuan Food Grade Silicone Paw Print Mold $9.25
Made from food grade silicone, this colorful duo is flexible and non-stick so you can easily pop out your treats once they're ready. The adorable pawprint shapes are perfect for feeding your pup in style.
Blueberry and yogurt frozen dog treats
Makes 12 treats
• A small bowl of chopped blueberries and strawberries
• 3 tbsp plain yogurt
• Add berries to your blender
• Spoon the plain yogurt into the blender
• Add a little water to help the mixture blend better. Blitz!
• Spoon the mixture into your molds and freeze overnight
Strawberry banana frozen dog treats
This is our first recipe using @honestkitchen goat’s milk and Kobe loved it! It’s full of probiotics and great for your pup! ##dogtreat##recipe##homemade♬ The Office - The Hyphenate
Makes 15 treats
• 1 cup strawberries
• 1 banana
• 1 cup of Honest Kitchen Goat's Milk
• Mix all ingredients together in a blender
• Pour mixture into the molds and freeze
Recipe via AirBudKobe / TikTok
Shxmlf Food Grade Silicone Puppy Treat Molds $12.99
If you just can't decide which mold you like best, then why not simply pick up a variety pack? This mold pack features both pawprint and bone designs so you can chop and change whenever you feel like switching your treats up.
Pineapple mango sorbet
3 ingredient dog ice cream/dairy free sorbet ✨ ##homecafe ##homeDIY ##foodontiktok ##samoyed ##dogsoftiktok ##puppytiktok♬ Cancun Sega Genesis - Amzorcen
Makes 1 serving
• 1/2 cup of pineapple
• 1/2 cup of mango
• 1/2 cup water
• Blitz all ingredients together in a blender
• Freeze and serve
Recipe via opalthefluff / TikTok
Carrot brothsicle frozen dog treats
Easy DIY no bake carrot dog treats🥕 ##diydogtreats ##frozendogtreat ##carrots ##diytiktok ##healthyrecipes ##dogdiy♬ Steven Universe - L.Dre
• 1/2 cup bone broth
• 1 cup of diced carrots
• Put all ingredients into a blender and blitz
• Spoon into the molds and freeze overnight
Recipe via odinthenewf / TikTok
Le Dogue Dog Paws and Bones Silicone Baking Molds
Pretty in pink, the Le Dogue Dog Paws and Bones Silicone Baking Molds come with both bones and pawprint designs. The molds are made from 100% FDA-approved, BPA-free silicone and includes a recipe booklet so you'll be ready to whip up a treat in a flash.
Dog ice-cream recipes
Banana and yogurt dog ice-cream
🍦 2 INGREDIENT DOG ICE CREAM 🍦 ##IceCream ##dogsoftiktok ##dogfood ##icecream ##bananaicecream ##frozenyogurt♬ Ice Cream - BLACKPINK & Selena Gomez
Makes 1 serving
• 1 ripe banana (chopped into 4 pieces)
• A tub of plain Greek yoghurt
• Chop a banana into 4 pieces and place into a measuring jug
• Spoon a small amount of yogurt across the bananas
• Mash the mixture together
• Pour the mixture into an ice-cream bowl
• Freeze for 1 hour and serve
Recipe via Amos Pearce / TikTok
Cozihom Silicone Ice Pop Molds $8.99
If you're bored of serving your pup a simple ice lolly, then Cozihom Silicone Ice Pop Molds might just be for you. These popsicle molds come in the shape of a sakura, as well as pawprints.
Banana and peanut butter dog ice-cream
She loved this recipe ##dogicecream ##dogrecipes ##dogsoftiktok ##viral ##foryoupage♬ Levitating (feat. DaBaby) - Dua Lipa
Makes 3 dog ice-cream lollies
• 2 frozen bananas
• 1 tsp dog-friendly peanut butter
• 1/4 cup unsweetened rice milk or water
• Your dog's favorite treat
• Place all ingredients into a blender and blitz.
• Spoon the mixture into large lolly molds and add sticks to the bottom
• Place your dog's favorite treat in the center to decorate
• Freeze for a minimum of 6 hours and serve.
Recipe via full.luna / TikTok
Ozera Popsicle Molds Maker, Reusable Ice Pop Molds Trays $7.99
Ideal for humans as well as their canine counterparts, Ozera Popsicle Molds Maker features six simple molds with a bold blue design. Put the fruit and treats in the molds, then use a rawhide stick as the popsicle stick.
Banana and cream cheese pupsicle
How to make doggy ice cream! 🍦❤️ ##elosoftiktok ##pawsomebunch ##dante ##cutie ##doggyicecream ##icecream♬ Ice Cream - BLACKPINK & Selena Gomez
Makes 1 dog ice-cream
• 3 tbsp cream cheese
• 1/2 banana
• Put the cream cheese and add water to a small mixing bowl. Stir it all together
• In another mixing bowl, mash the banana, add water and mix together
• Pour the banana into the cream cheese and mix together
• Pour into a lolly mold and freeze
Recipe via elo.dante / TikTok
Chicken dog ice-cream
This dog ice cream is unexpectedly yummy! Inspired by @opalthefluff , I started DIY dog treats too! ##diydogtreats ##dogtreats ##foodontiktok ##tiktokdiy♬ Aesthetic - Xilo
Makes 6 treats
• 1/2 cup dog-friendly peanut butter
• 1 cup plain yogurt
• 2 tbsp chicken broth
• Mix all ingredients together in a large mixing bowl
• Spoon the mixture into your mold
• Freeze for two hours. Serve!
Recipe via goldendoodlebenny / TikTok
Ashleigh is Digital Editor on PetsRadar. With over 8 years of experience in print and digital media, she has acted as an editorial lead on a variety of projects, with animal themes a keen interest. As an avid animal lover, you can often find Ashleigh checking out the newest trends in animal care or looking at cute cat videos on TikTok.
Get the best advice, tips and top tech for your beloved Pets
Thank you for signing up to Petsradar. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.